Halibut Soft Tacos for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 pound halibut steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 teaspoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and honey; set aside. Brush halibut with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place lettuce leaves on tortillas; top with fish and mango mixture. Drizzle with chili sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 27, 2012
Made tonight -good, healthy recipe. My husband, who does not like fish much, raved about this.
May 29, 2012
I made this recipe (from the magazine) last year, and my daughter loved!! She has been asking for it, but i couldn't find the mag. Can't wait til she hears that "I found it"!!! It is so light but refreshing....do yourself a favor a make this for your family!!! (we did lettuce wraps)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.