A tasty tomato topping and a wine broth keeps these halibut steaks moist while baking.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the halibut in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour wine into dish. Combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, parsley, olives, garlic and pepper; spoon over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over tomato mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 349 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Halibut Provencale in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.