- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the halibut in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour wine into dish. Combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, parsley, olives, garlic and pepper; spoon over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over tomato mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHalibut Provencal
"ICK and this was and expensive fish ruined."