- 8 Chicago-style beef hot dogs (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1 cup refried beans
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 24 pickled pepper rings
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog and to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill pocket with 2 tablespoons cheese. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour taco sauce over hot dogs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread the inside of each bun with 2 tablespoons refried beans. Top with lettuce, a hot dog, tomato, pepper rings and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHacienda Hot Dogs
"Really good and very different. Will definitely make again."
"These were suprisingly delicious!"