- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGulf Coast Jambalaya Rice
"Good recipe. I used the substitute spices, did not have the creole spices. Used turkey kielbasi. Did rice separately and put shrimp in at the end. Good flavor. Thanks for the recipe."
"In my opinion, this is THE go-to for easy slow cooker Jambalaya. It's got all the important and authentic components (the 'Holy Trinity', Cajun/creole seasoning, etc.). Whether you choose to add the instant rice with the shrimp towards the end of the recipe, or serve 'over' your own cooked rice, this one's a true winner!!! Thank you Judy!"
"My husband and I both really liked this recipe. Next time I might add a spicier sausage because we like more heat but it was very good as is. I agree that the rice did get a little soggy so I would add it later than the shrimp."
"Mere words cannot express how good this is! Ms. Judy Batson of Tampa, Florida, I am in love with this recipe. I made it this evening, and both hubby and I went back for seconds. Thank you for sharing it!"