- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese, onion, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper;cover and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl; stir in the macaroni and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly.
3/4 cup: 268 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.