- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, yogurt, cocoa, egg whites and egg; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGuilt-Free Chocolate Cake
"can you use different flavors of cake mix & just reduce the water since you won't be adding the cocoa?"
"I made this in a 13 x 9 pan and it came out great--could not believe it is so guilt free and I frosted it with Cool Whip chocolate frosting mixed with a little more cool whip free and it was to die for, My husband wants me to make another one. And I sure will."
"It is a delicious, fudgy alternative to the real thing with yogurt replacing oil."
"haven't tried it yet.."