Guacamole Tortilla Snacks
"These zippy wedges disappear quickly at parties," remarks Rhonda Black of Salinas, California. "Mellow avocados and cheese balance the spicy peppers."
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 dozen corn tortillas (6 inches), quartered
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack, Colby-Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry the tortilla wedges, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. For guacamole, combine the avocados, mayonnaise, onion, tomato and jalapenos in a bowl. Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a tablespoon of guacamole. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC