Guacamole Salad Bowl
Reports Ann Eastman of Greenville, California, "The bowl is usually 'licked clean' when I make this hearty salad for our Grange group. I sometimes substitute tuna for the shrimp."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked salad shrimp
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- AVOCADO DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a blender, combine dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 252 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Guacamole Salad Bowl in Taste of Home June/July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.