Guacamole Chicken Salad
This flavorful chicken salad is perfect for company. “As a registered nurse with a hectic schedule, I try to prepare recipes that are fast, but also keep the nutritional needs in mind,” notes Carmen Bolar of Bronx, New York. “This one definitely meets all of my criteria.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- SEASONED TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Combine the garlic powder, seasoned salt and curry powder; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each into four wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; toss gently. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.