Classic bacon cheeseburgers are taken to a whole new level with zippy green chilies and melted Monterey Jack. A dollop of guacamole adds a delicious twist. Patricia Collins of Imbler, Oregon shares the recipe.
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onion and green chilies; set aside. Shape beef into eight patties. Top half of patties with onion mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top each with bacon and cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with guacamole. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Guacamole Burgers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p65
Reviews forGuacamole Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"These are delicious! I do recommend sauteing the onions a bit first though."