Classic bacon cheeseburgers are taken to a whole new level with zippy green chilies and melted Monterey Jack. A dollop of guacamole adds a delicious twist. Patricia Collins of Imbler, Oregon shares the recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onion and green chilies; set aside. Shape beef into eight patties. Top half of patties with onion mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top each with bacon and cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with guacamole.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 549 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Guacamole Burgers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.