Guac Crocs & Veggies
I'm all grown-up, but I still love to play with my food. Garbanzo beans in the guacamole add taste, texture and nutrition. The croc part is just plain fun. —Kallee Krong-Mccreery, Escondido, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes2 cups dip
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Decoration options: red and yellow pepper pieces, sliced miniature cucumbers, radishes and ripe olives
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- For dip, place first four ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Cut avocados lengthwise in half around the seed; remove seeds. Reserving skins, carefully scoop out avocado and add to bean mixture; process until blended.
- For crocodile heads, fill avocado skins with dip. If desired, add pepper pieces for teeth, radish and olive slices for eyes, and olives for noses. Serve with vegetables.