Gruyere Potato Bake
My friend shared this recipe with me , and after I discovered what Gruyere cheese was, this easy, delicious dish became a frequent request from my boys. It's so simple…only three ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, cheese, salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Drizzle broth over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Gruyere Cheese Potatoes in Reminisce Extra November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.