My friend shared this recipe with me , and after I discovered what Gruyere cheese was, this easy, delicious dish became a frequent request from my boys. It's so simple…only three ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, cheese, salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Drizzle broth over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gruyere Potato Bake in Reminisce Extra November 2010, p49
Reviews forGruyere Potato Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2014
"Next time I will add some thinly sliced sweet onions such as Vidalias as a middle layer."