VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds grouper or red snapper fillets
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges and separated
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and lemon juice. Pour 1/4 cup marinade in a resealable plastic bag; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook onion in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. Stir in peppers; cook and stir for about 5 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tomatoes are heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade from fish. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fish in remaining oil for about 8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Arrange two-thirds of pepper mixture on a serving platter; top with fish. Top with remaining pepper mixture and drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grouper with Sweet Peppers in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p56
Reviews forGrouper with Sweet Peppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2011
"I definitely will make this again."