Grouper with Sweet Peppers
This colorful low-fat dish looks as wonderful as it tastes. Don't be surprised if your family asks for it again and again. —Patricia Sweat, Saulsbury, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds grouper or red snapper fillets
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges and separated
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and lemon juice. Pour 1/4 cup marinade in a shallow dish; add fish. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook onion in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. Stir in peppers; cook and stir for about 5 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tomatoes are heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Drain fish, discarding marinade in dish. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fish in remaining oil for about 8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Arrange two-thirds of pepper mixture on a serving platter; top with fish. Top with remaining pepper mixture and drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces: 202 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.