Grouper with Crabmeat Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Broil: 15 min.
- 8 grouper or red snapper fillets (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons marinade for chicken
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place fillets on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, marinade for chicken, seafood seasoning and oil; brush over fillets. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large skillet, saute the onions, red pepper, green onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seafood seasoning until blended; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in crab meat; heat through. Serve with fish. Sprinkle with parsley.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Lea & Perrins Marinade for Chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 452 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 55g protein.
Jun 16, 2012
The prep time is the most work, the cooking is easy. The meal is sensational! What a great dish. We had spinach linguini on the side with basil-garlic butter. This is a top fish dish for us.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.