Ground Turkey Turnovers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tubes (17.3 ounces each) Southern-style biscuits
- In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, brown turkey; drain. Combine soup, egg, flour, salt and pepper; add to turkey. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add vegetables and pimientos; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- On a floured surface, pat eight of the biscuits into circles; top each with about 2/3 cup turkey mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 5-in. circles and place on top of turkey mixture. Seal edges with water. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 446 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1259mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2012
Sorry for the bad review, however.. I didn't use 2 lbs. of turkey, 2 of the biscuits were underdone in the center but burnt on the bottom, I had a TON of left over mixture and no on in my family really even cared for the flavor.
Aug 15, 2010
I made this spur of the moment, when I needed to make a meal with ground turkey. I did have to change up the ingredients to fit what I have on hand. I also had to feed only 3 people, so I made only 3 turnovers. I had lots of filling left! But they were quite tasty, as well as quick and easy. My kids LOVE biscuits, so they were happy. And I think I may make a big "pot pie" type fo meal with all the leftover filling. 2 meals from 1 short cooking session-how do you beat that? I do plan to make these again.