Ground Turkey Spaghetti Pie
This pie is practically a meal in itself. I usually put a green salad and crusty French rolls on the table with it.—Colleen Sherman, Bakersfield, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the egg, Parmesan cheese and spaghetti. Press spaghetti mixture onto the bottom and up sides of a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish or 7-in. pie plate. Spread with sour cream.
- Crumble turkey into a skillet; add the pepper, onion and butter. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic salt, oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon into spaghetti crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.