Ground Turkey Spaghetti Pie
This pie is practically a meal in itself. I usually put a green salad and crusty French rolls on the table with it.—Colleen Sherman, Bakersfield, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the egg, Parmesan cheese and spaghetti. Press spaghetti mixture onto the bottom and up sides of a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish or 7-in. pie plate. Spread with sour cream.
- Crumble turkey into a skillet; add the pepper, onion and butter. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic salt, oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon into spaghetti crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 527 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 222mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Spaghetti Pie in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.