Ground Beef Stew
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 large potatoes, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the first six ingredients in the order listed. In a small bowl, combine soup and water. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 385 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
Apr 28, 2014
I really enjoyed this recipe. It was really inexpensive to make and lasted a long time! I personally prefer it without the cornbread muffins on the side. My husband said it reminded him of shephards pie. I loved the fact that it was hearty and filling. I also went ahead and portioned out the leftovers to take for work during the week. Did i mention how easy it is to make?? Im definitely gonna make it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.