- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mayonnaise; stir into meat mixture. Fold in cheeses.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGround Beef Quiche
"My whole family loved it! Very easy & even the picky eaters were pleasantly surprised!"
"Oops..did not see the bake time listed at top of recipe. Sorry"
"Any idea of the baking time before I start checking it with a knife?"