Ground Beef Pizza Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- Breadsticks, bagel chips, baked pita chips and/or tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the cornstarch, fennel, oregano and garlic powder until blended. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Gradually stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in olives. Keep warm.
- Serve with breadsticks, bagel chips, pita chips and/or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 1, 2010
Love the idea of using this as a pasta sauce rather than a dip- how smart you are!
Jan 6, 2009
This has been a Christmas Eve tradition for 25+ years...
Dec 31, 2008
good idea, i think i'll try it. dandydude in va.
Jan 29, 2008
I actually served this as a main dish. I didn't have any thing to dip into it so I served it over spaghetti noodles and a slice of garlic toast, with a salad.