Ground Beef Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup Daisy cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles; toss with butter. Set aside. In a blender, process cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in onions and parsley. Add noodles; toss to coat.
- In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodle mixture and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodle mixture; sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 510 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Mar 30, 2016
This is a good recipe. I would recommend using minced garlic and substitute the cottage cheese with ricotta cheese.
Jan 6, 2014
This was good. Needed a little salt. I didn't use the blender, just mixed it together. Great comfort food for a cold night. All of my kids liked it.
Aug 2, 2013
This was good and definitely easy to make. I did not have any egg noodles and used 3 cups of elbow macaroni. It worked. Next time I will use a little more garlic salt to season it a little more but overall it was good.
May 20, 2013
Made this with a few changes. I cooked my ground beef with a medium sliced sweet onion. I used 2-8oz. cans of tomato sauce & added a 4 oz. can of drained mushroom slices. Also used a 2 qt. baking dish & it turned out good. My husband is not a fan of swiss cheese, but I think that you could use cheddar cheese instead. Someone mentioned that they did not care for cottage cheese. When you blend this with the sour cream, you would never know there was cottage cheese on the noodles for sauce - give it a try! Very good served with a warm vegetable & Texas toast or crusty rolls. Will make again. Thanks Judy for the recipe.
May 16, 2013
This sounds good to me except the cottage cheese which we don't like - think I could add more sour cream or swiss cheese in place of it? Or maybe even plain yogurt??
Feb 19, 2013
Very tasty, easy and to prepare.Note to uwas-waya - your rude comments are unnecessary - if you wish to alter a recipe, don't blame the original for your dislike of the results, and if you wish to be considered a responsible dog-owner please don't feed salty human food to your dogs!
Feb 18, 2013
This recipe sounds really good and I'm going to give it a try. To uwasv_waya, you might want to keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself. You obviously changed the whole recipe and then complained because you didn't like it! Please keep your rude remarks to yourself.
Nov 13, 2012
easy and quick to make. family really liked it. I will definitely make again. I wonder if this can be frozen?
Sep 24, 2011
This was a tasty surprise. It didn't sound very exciting, but it was delicious. I had all ingredients on hand except tomato sauce,so I used some Newmans spaghetti sauce. It was easy to make it more diet friendly by using ground turkey, fat free cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese. I loved the texture of the creamy center layer. Thanks a lot, this will become a favorite at our house.
Jun 13, 2011
Great pot luck casserole - enjoyed by all. I did double the tomato sauce and may consider adding some dried herbs to the sauce the next time just to spice it up a little and I did reduce the salt without a taste difference.