VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 cups bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Place in a large bowl; add remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until dressing is lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Ground Beef Dressing in Country Woman November/December 1994, p36