Ground Beef Casserole
“My sister made this flavorful entree often as a newlywed, and shared the recipe with me when I got married,” writes Andrea Hickerson from her home in Trenton, Tennessee. The biscuit-topped dish has a comforting flavor and speedy, breezy assembly, too!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, soup, corn, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Keep warm.
- Separate biscuits and cut into quarters; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with biscuits and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Casserole in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007