Ground Beef Bundles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Melted butter
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cabbage, onion, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cut bread dough into eight equal pieces; roll each into a 5-in. square. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square; sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Bring corners together in the center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 5, 2013
I listened to the other review and added some garlic, celery, and bell pepper to the meat mix. It was flavorful that way but I was still missing a sauce, maybe a tomato based sauce like with cabbage rolls but served on the side.
Apr 20, 2012
I made this using the dinner roll instead of bread recipe in my bread maker. The bread part was very nice. The filling was good, but was lacking in flavor. I added a bit more salt than suggested, but both my husband and I felt the need to dip these bundles into sweet chili sauce to make up for whatever was missing. I got tired of rolling out the dough, so I just bundled them into buns that turned out even better than the suggested pockets.I make a similar stuffed bun using a combination of sauted onions, bacon and sauerkraut, nothing else and they are very flavorful. Maybe next time I'll use the sauerkraut and see if that is what was missing.