- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Add tomato sauce and peas; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits; arrange over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGround Beef 'n' Biscuits
"My husband and I liked this recipe. I had to make some changes in the ingredients because of diet restrictions but it was good. I cut up the biscuits to make sure they were done and not doughy. But I think it worked out better actually because the cut up biscuits covered the whole 9 x 13 pan."
"I like the recipe but, I think the biscuits should be pre-browned because they were still doughie after baking. Next time I think I will add corn instead of peas to see how it taste's."
"I make a casserole quite similar to this. I put a cube of cheese inside each biscuit, yum!"
"I made this the other night for my family and thought it was, just ok. I would probably used mixed frozen vegetables instead of just peas. My biscuits didn't cook all the way through either, but that could have been due to the baking dish I used. I would try this again with a few tweaks."
"We really enjoyed this!!!! I made my own biscuits instead of store-bought and baked it about 10 extra minutes. Yum!!! Good meal for a chilly night!"
"My family loved this and we all had a second helping. I will definitely be adding this to my meal plans."
"It was actually really good I enjoyed it alot."
"My husband ate three helpings. Instead of using the pre-prepared buttermilk biscuits, I made "drop" biscuits for the top. Instead of oregano, I put two dashes of Worcestershire sauce in the ground beef."
"I cut the biscuits in 1/2 and they browned up very well. Used Italian seasoning in place of oregano."