Grits ‘n’ Shrimp Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in the cheeses, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp and onions in remaining butter until shrimp turn pink. Fill tart shells with grits; top with shrimp mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 47 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 25, 2015
I love shrimp and grits but being in Colorado where grits aren't served very often, this is a great way to introduce my family and friends to these wonderful flavors.
Nov 27, 2009
I have made this before for a Christmas party. It was the hit of the night. Everyone wanted more!! For something different chop fried bacon and sprinkle on top.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.