Grilled Zucchini & Pesto Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Over each naan, spread 2 tablespoons pesto; top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and one-fourth of the zucchini, onion and salami.
- Grill, covered, over medium-low heat until mozzarella has melted and vegetables are tender, 4-6 minutes. Rotate naan halfway through grilling for evenly browned crust.
- Remove from heat. Top each naan with basil and Romano; cut into thirds.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 391 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1276mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 19, 2016
Delicious! Everyone in the family loves this!
Jun 4, 2016
This recipe is so good, I've made it twice in a week already! The second time I made it, it started raining outside. So I preheated the oven to 350 with a pizza stone. Then, I threw the pizzas on the heated stone. Since I have a gas grill, the taste out of the oven was identical to to the grill because the stone provided the crispy naan. I was a little worried how the raw red onions would taste on the pizza, but just the 5 minute cooking time soften them to perfection!
May 25, 2016
This recipe is delicious! I took some liberties though: couldn't find zucchini (I know! What supermarket doesn't have zucchini?) so I used broccoli; I added tomatoes; didn't use salami because I'm vegetarian; and I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of mozzarella. But I love this! Definitely making these again!