- 4 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Over each naan, spread 2 tablespoons pesto; top with 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/3 cup zucchini, 1/4 cup onion and one-quarter of the salami.
- Grill, covered, over medium-low heat until mozzarella has melted and vegetables are tender, 4-6 minutes. Rotate naan halfway through grilling for evenly browned crust.
- Remove from heat. Top each naan with basil and Romano; cut into thirds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Zucchini & Pesto Pizza
"Delicious! Everyone in the family loves this!"
"This recipe is so good, I've made it twice in a week already! The second time I made it, it started raining outside. So I preheated the oven to 350 with a pizza stone. Then, I threw the pizzas on the heated stone. Since I have a gas grill, the taste out of the oven was identical to to the grill because the stone provided the crispy naan. I was a little worried how the raw red onions would taste on the pizza, but just the 5 minute cooking time soften them to perfection!"
"This recipe is delicious! I took some liberties though: couldn't find zucchini (I know! What supermarket doesn't have zucchini?) so I used broccoli; I added tomatoes; didn't use salami because I'm vegetarian; and I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of mozzarella. But I love this! Definitely making these again!"