- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, mix butter, molasses, cinnamon and lemon juice; refrigerate until serving.
- Place pepper in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix whiskey and salt. Dip chops in whiskey mixture, then in pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with molasses butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Whiskey Chops
"These chops were easy to make and good! My son loved them. The rest of the family just thought they were ok."
"pork and whiskey - two of my favorite things! The flavor is greatly affected by the whiskey you use. My best tip, use ONLY the whiskey you enjoy drinking. It is completely worth it. I personally prefer Makers Mark. Combined with the molasses and cinnamon Makers gives these chops a sweetness that you can't get with other dry whiskey. I will be making this over and over again."