Grilled Whiskey Chops
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, mix butter, molasses, cinnamon and lemon juice; refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place pepper in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix whiskey and salt. Dip chops in whiskey mixture, then in pepper.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with molasses butter.
1 pork chop with 1 tablespoon butter mixture: 459 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Jun 16, 2019These sound good, but pork chops that thick never seem to get very tender on the grill. It seems like it takes forever for them to be done enough to chew.
Sep 27, 2018Love these chops! Great flavor!
Feb 19, 2018
Simple chop recipe. We had used Kentucky bourbon.
Dec 31, 1969
These chops were easy to make and good! My son loved them. The rest of the family just thought they were ok.
Sep 3, 2013
Wonderful flavor...even the bones were good to suck! Molasses butter very, very good. I placed the pepper and whiskey into a ziplock bag and added the chops...less mess, same results. This will be a family favorite. Will try with pork tenderloin and beef.
Jul 17, 2013
Pork and whiskey - two of my favorite things! The flavor is greatly affected by the whiskey you use. My best tip, use ONLY the whiskey you enjoy drinking. It is completely worth it. I personally prefer Makers Mark. Combined with the molasses and cinnamon Makers gives these chops a sweetness that you can't get with other dry whiskey. I will be making this over and over again.