Grilled Whiskey Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, mix butter, molasses, cinnamon and lemon juice; refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place pepper in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix whiskey and salt. Dip chops in whiskey mixture, then in pepper.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with molasses butter. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1 tablespoon butter mixture: 459 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Whiskey Chops
"These chops were easy to make and good! My son loved them. The rest of the family just thought they were ok."
"pork and whiskey - two of my favorite things! The flavor is greatly affected by the whiskey you use. My best tip, use ONLY the whiskey you enjoy drinking. It is completely worth it. I personally prefer Makers Mark. Combined with the molasses and cinnamon Makers gives these chops a sweetness that you can't get with other dry whiskey. I will be making this over and over again."