- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 8 to 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 to 12 fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1/2 medium green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 to 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 8 to 12 small new potatoes, parboiled
- In a glass bowl or plastic bag, combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, pepper and garlic powder; set aside 1/4 cup for vegetables. Set aside 3/4 cup for basting. Add meat to bowl or bag; stir or shake to coat. Cover (or close bag) and refrigerate for 4 hours. One hour before grilling, toss vegetables with 1/4 cup reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from meat.
- Thread meat and vegetables alternately on skewers. Grill over medium-hot heat for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the venison reads 160°, turning and basting frequently with reserved 3/4 cup marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Venison and Vegetables
"We backed it and it was great. My husband and kids ate every last bite before the day was over and I made 3lbs of it. It is a keeper."