- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pesto; set aside. Drain and discard marinade. Place vegetables in a grill basket or disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Spread reserved pesto cream cheese over tortillas; top with vegetables. Fold sides over filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Veggie Tortilla Wraps
"Sounds like a keeper! However, use low-fat cream cheese, check the pesto and use the lowest fat and calories, and use less EVOO in the beginning; maybe a little mustard to the mix!"
"Deb-I believe 'reserved' was used because you mix it together, then grill the veg, than come back to the cream cheese mixture. 4 oz. cream cheese would make 1 oz. per tortilla--not a lot, so I don't believe any was used for anything else."
"I believe a step is missing from the recipe. It says to spread the "reserved" pesto cream cheese but I don't see where I was supposed to use it or how much in the first place. The dish looks VERY enticing and I'd sure like to know how to make it.Thank youDebbie T. from St. Charles"