Serve this very colorful side dish with any meal this summer! It's simple and fresh, and it'll perk up any summertime dinner plate. Kathy Franklin - Antioch, Tennessee
Recommended: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn, onion and peppers. Brush kabobs with oil. Combine the chili powder, salt and sugar; sprinkle over kabobs.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 kabobs.
Originally published as Grilled Veggie Kabobs in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p27