Grilled Vegetable Ranch Salad
We’re thrilled when the garden starts providing the goodies needed for this simple salad. It’s wonderful alongside grilled salmon or basic burgers and hot dogs.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1. Slice the squash, zucchini and red onion; cube the eggplant and cut the red pepper into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; add the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, oregano and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, dressing mix, garlic salt and pepper. Divide salad greens among six serving plates; top with grilled vegetables. Serve with dressing.
1 each: 194 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC