Grilled Vegetable Ranch Salad Recipe
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1. Slice the squash, zucchini and red onion; cube the eggplant and cut the red pepper into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; add the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, oregano and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, dressing mix, garlic salt and pepper. Divide salad greens among six serving plates; top with grilled vegetables. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
1 each: 194 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.