Grilled Vegetable Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush cut sides of bread with oil. Layer with tomatoes and zucchini; sprinkle with cheddar cheese, pimientos, olives and Creole seasoning.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place bread on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; grill 2-4 minutes longer or until melted.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 312 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 2, 2013
I loved this recipe! It was a perfect side dish for a family dinner.
Apr 18, 2010
When I first tried this recipe, I thought it would be good, but I was in for such a surprise. It was SO good! It really WOWed me. I could just keep eating it and eating it. I love grilling it over a charcoal grill to get an awesome smokey flavor to it, but I've also done it under the broiler and enjoyed eating it that way, too. I look forward to making this every summer when my husband and I start grilling more often. I highly recommend this recipe.
Oct 18, 2008
Or you could just call it pizza.