Grilled Up Sweet Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2-in. slices; transfer each potato to individual pieces of heavy-duty foil (12-in. square). Cut butter into thin slices; place between potato slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans. Fold foil around potatoes, sealing tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until potatoes are tender, 18-22 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove potatoes from grill; carefully open tops of foil. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes (do not seal foil). Return potatoes to grill rack. Grill until marshmallows are softened, 3-4 minutes longer.
Jun 19, 2018
Easy way to enjoy sweet potatoes when we go camping. Enjoyed these with marinated grilled steak and a salad. Will definitely make again. Gave 4 stars because mine were a little too dry... will try more butter, and moving the packs onto the grill top rather than in the coals.