Grilled Up Sweet Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2-in. slices; transfer each potato to individual pieces of heavy-duty foil (12-in. square). Cut butter into thin slices; place between potato slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans. Fold foil around potatoes, sealing tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until potatoes are tender, 18-22 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove potatoes from grill; carefully open tops of foil. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes (do not seal foil). Return potatoes to grill rack. Grill until marshmallows are softened, 3-4 minutes longer.
Jun 19, 2018
Easy way to enjoy sweet potatoes when we go camping. Enjoyed these with marinated grilled steak and a salad. Will definitely make again. Gave 4 stars because mine were a little too dry... will try more butter, and moving the packs onto the grill top rather than in the coals.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.