Grilled Turkey Vegetable Burger
I was delighted to find this recipe, a healthy version of burgers with little fat, but flavorful ingredients, including carrot, onion and apple. I make these burgers with either ground turkey or chicken.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded peeled apple
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, broil or pan-fry for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 446 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Burgers in Reminisce Extra June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.