THESE special grilled sandwiches are great for lunch or supper. Since I'm cooking for two at our house nowadays, I enjoy being creative with simple meals. Time spent in the kitchen is kept to a minimum when this entree is on the menu. -Dollypearle Martin, Douglastown, New Brunswick
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) cheddar, Swiss or provolone cheese
- 4 thin slices cooked turkey
- 6 to 12 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread cream cheese on two slices of bread. Layer cheese, turkey and spinach over cream cheese; top with remaining bread. Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwiches. Cook on both sides on a hot griddle or skillet until the bread is browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Turkey Sandwiches in Reminisce July/August 1996, p45
Reviews for Grilled Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2012
"Very good sandwich. I used provolone cheese along with the cream cheese and added sliced tomatoes..Wow!"
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2010
"I made this for one. It was very good. Next time I will add more spinach as I used the organic baby spinach."