"I combined several recipes to come up with this entree that our family loves any time of year," shares Ravonda Mormann of Raleigh, North Carolina. After marinating overnight, the turkey is grilled, then dressed up with a fast fruity sauce.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (about 2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place turkey in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the next five ingredients; pour over turkey. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, covered, over indirect heat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with the turkey. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Turkey Breast in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p10