Grilled Tuna Bibb Salads
"This quick salad is very tasty when served with a French baguette, or on toasted crackers." Wolfgang Hanau, West Palm Beach, FL
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Whole Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- Sprinkle tuna with lime juice, salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. For medium-rare, grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly pink in the center. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
- Finely chop the celery, peppers and onion; place in a large bowl. Add the torn lettuce, tuna, basil and rosemary; toss to combine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on four plates; top each with 2 cups tuna mixture. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Baby Lettuce and Bell Pepper Pic-Nic Fresh Off-the-Grill Tuna Bites in Taste of Home June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.