- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1/2 cup balsamic glaze
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, honey, salt, yeast mixture and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough; divide into six portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8x6-in. rectangle. Place each on a greased piece of foil. Spritz with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- In batches, carefully invert crusts onto greased grill rack; peel off foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Turn; grill until bottom begins to brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Brush tops with remaining oil; top with tomatoes. Grill, covered, until bottom is golden brown and tomatoes are heated through, 1-2 minutes. To serve, add basil, drizzle with glaze and, if desired, top with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Tomato Pizzas
"Yum! We needed a quick supper so I used some naan bread with the toppings listed. I had some of my homemade glaze and some multi-color cherry tomatoes. I quickly grilled the naan to get grill marks and some char. I put the tomato halves cut-side down to stabilize them. What doesn't go well with basil, tomatoes and good Parmesan?! Winner recipe and will make this again using Michele's healthier crust recipe."