This delicious pizza is unique, healthy and easy to make. The fresh flavors make it a perfect appetizer for a summer party. —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
Recommended: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium peaches, halved
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tube (13-1/2 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; let stand 15 minutes. Drain tomatoes on paper towels and pat dry.
- Coat grill rack lightly with cooking oil. Grill peaches, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until peaches have grill marks and are tender, turning once. Remove peaches; cool slightly. Cut into slices.
- Coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll crust into pan, pressing into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Spritz with cooking spray. Invert dough onto grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove from grill, inverting onto baking pan.
- Layer grilled side of pizza with tomatoes, peaches and cheese. Return pizza to grill. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Sprinkle with basil and pepper. Yield: 16 pieces.
Originally published as Grilled Tomato-Peach Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p221