Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1. Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over four bread slices. Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 591 calories, 39g fat (24g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches
"easy and delicious. The blend of cheeses was great and I didn't have any problems with the layers staying together while flipping it."
"Nice twist on a grilled cheese. I, for one, loved the addition of the tomatoes and green onions, but nobody else in my family wanted to even try them! I spread the outsides of my bread with mayonnaise instead and sprinkled on some dried Italian herbs and a little garlic salt. I think the directions need to be tweaked a little - I would recommend two cheese slices on each piece of bread, with the tomatoes and onions in the middle... Don't think the sandwich would have stayed together at all with the method they said to use!?!"