Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches for Two
Give this classic an awesome twist! Turn plain ol’ grilled cheese into a bistro-like sandwich with a variety of cheeses and fresh ingredients. We know you’ll love it! Elaine Haskins - Troutville, PA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over two bread slices. Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 590 calories, 39g fat (24g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Super Grilled 4-Cheese Sandwich in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.