- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over two bread slices. Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches for Two
"The onion and tomatoes gave this sandwich a really nice flavor. However it had way too much cheese. I think I will cut the amount of cheese in half next time."